Wednesday 11 April 2012

It is Time.

It's official! As of last Friday, I am self employed.





"What do you do for a living Jenny?"

"Me? Oh, I make Sock Creatures. Yeah I do."




As exciting as it is, I'm not exactly starting with a bang. I've got lots and lots of animals to sew, and my website isn't nearly ready. I have five craft fairs booked, but that only takes me to June. My marketing goodies have arrived though, t-shirts, business cards and swish magnets to go on the side of my car. I even cleaned my car especially so I could put them on, but I'm a bit reluctant when they direct you to a website where there's nothing for sale...




I was hoping to have it ready for launch by last Friday, but it's way more complicated than I though. I'm not the biggest technology fan. Sitting in front of the computer for hours is not my idea of fun, but I need to man up and GET IT DONE. Next week. For now though, I'm going to keep sewing (I've nearly finished a very nifty cat) and get those fairs booked and then next week, (when the four year old is back in school) I am going to kick the website's buttski. Hells yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment