Sunday 6 January 2013

New Goodies

I was hoping to have a few more items made before I started posting about the new additions to Jenny Sews, but I'm just too excited.

Over the Christmas holidays I got a new hamster, a Russian Dwarf called Princess Cutie Pie.  She is ridiculously cute.  As with all new projects, I got a little bit obsessed and thoroughly geeked out on a hamster forum! It's awesome.  There are others just like me.


Princess Cutie Pie, too fast to photo.


Whilst perusing the DIY section, I discovered hammocks and the such that other members had made. An actual light bulb went off above my head. "Hamster beds, made of Spidey fabric!" You can imagine the levels of excitement. So I had a little practice and made this for Ruby's hamster Mary:



Mmm, fleecy.


So far it's been mostly somewhere to eat her treats, but she hasn't chewed it up yet, which surprises me as she does enjoy destruction.


Spoilt much?


So I'm thinking of making hamster sets, a bed, hammock and sleeping bag, all in matching fabrics and fleece lined. Small projects, perfect for my short attention span. Plus I get to order more comic book fabrics, legitimately. Boom.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment